Are you planning to move from an apartment to a house? There’s a little more to it than just getting enough boxes and renting a truck. We’re sharing this comprehensive guide to moving from an apartment to a house to help you successfully plan your move. From utilities to being prepared for a potential emergency in your new home, you’ll be able to move into your new home with some peace of mind knowing you’ve educated yourself on what to expect.
Some key takeaways:
- Utilities for a house are different from an apartment. Know what to expect before you move.
- Prepare for pre-move projects like adding a fresh coat of paint or new carpet.
- Know your neighbors. One benefit of establishing a neighborly relationship is that they can help keep an eye on things when you’re away.
- Save up for home repair emergencies.
- Familiarize yourself with the emergency services phone numbers in your area and keep those numbers handy. You won’t want to have to go searching for that in the middle of an emergency.
- Think twice about splurging on new furniture. Keeping some cash in your reserves might be smarter than spending it on a new living room set.
If you’re not totally confident about being totally prepared for a move into a new house, reach out to your trusted REALTOR® for help getting yourself ready for your move. A local, experienced real estate agent will be able to help you predict the changes that you’ll need to adjust to in order to make your move a success.
Guide created by RentalAds a online database of rental listings